Minutes ago, the Haru banzuke was published on the Japan Sumo Association web site – http://www.sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoBanzuke/index/
- Kadoban Ozeki Takakeisho is Ozeki 2 East. He has to get 8 wins to retain his rank. There is some well founded concern about his physical condition as he did not participate in the joint training session
- Terunofuji is Sekiwake 1 East – He is looking for 11 wins to regain the Ozeki rank he lost more than 2 years ago due to accumulated injury and illness.
- Hatsu yusho winner Daieisho is ranked Komusubi 1 West. Many people had expected that he would be ranked Sekeiwake in March.
- Onosho is ranked Maegashira 1, his highest since November 2017, following a 9-6 finish in January.
- Wakatakakage retains Maegashira 2 following being kyujo in January due to COVID in his heya
I expect that lksumo will have his post banzuke analysis later for us to enjoy.