The starter’s gun for the Osaka basho has sounded, when the Haru banzuke was published early Monday morning in Tokyo. It comes as no surprise to Team Tachiai that our own lksumo has once again scored many direct calls on the new rating sheet. Well done sir!
- First appearance of Mitakeumi at the rank of Ozeki, showing up as O2w.
- Kadoban twins Shodai and Takakeisho share O1e / O1w
- Wakatakakage making a debut at Sekiwake 1e – Big up to him
- Abi back in san’yaku, taking up a new career-high rank of S1w – hell, that didn’t take long at all. kadoban Ozeki, prepare your countermeasures to Abi-zumo now. You may need it
- Hoshoryu makes his san’yaku debut, at Komusubi 1w – going to be a big challenge for him, but he’s taking a nice, incremental path upward.
- Ura at Maegashira 1w, his highest ever rank
- Ishiura at Maegashira 5w, his highest ever rank
- Kotoshoho, after taking the Juryo yusho, he blasts his way back into the top division at Maegashira 14e
- Kotokuzan joins the top division at M16w, he had an excellent 10-5 finish in January, and we hope he can keep it going in Osaka.
- Nishikigi’s 9-6 January finish was enough to put him at Maegashira 16e, his first top division ranking since July of 2020.
Feel free to include your favorite in the comments. We are quite excited that the next tournament is less than 2 weeks away.