The banzuke for the upcoming Kyushu basho has been posted to the official website of the Sumo Association.
Some items of note –
- Yago did not make the cut to Makuuchi.
- Chiyomaru survives at Maegashira 16.
- Nishikigi is catapulted all the way to Maegashira 3, entering the joi-jin for the first time.
- Hokutofuji is at Maegashira 1, now’s his chance!
- As expected, Kaisei takes the open Komusubi slot.
Further down the banzuke –
- Oguruma’s rising start Tomokaze makes his Sekitori debut at Juryo 14.
- Gokushindo gets the Juryo 13 berth after a fantastic tournament and yusho in September.
- Hawaiian Musashikuni ranks in at Makushita 53.
- Returning fan favorite Ura is Sandanme 33.
- Texan Wakaichiro finds himself at Jonidan 5 after a disappointing Aki.
We will have our usual podcast later in the week, once Josh returns from his current exotic locale.